The firmware is the brain of the Embrace, it enables the hardware and software to work together.
Whenever a new firmware version is available for your Embrace watch, you will receive a notification through the Mate App. You can upgrade firmware by tapping on the notification and following the instructions.
You can also upgrade the firmware by going to Mate App > Embrace icon (top-right) > Embrace Updates
- If new firmware is available, tap Update Now.
- Tap on the firmware version displayed on the next screen.
- In the next pop-up, tap “Yes, upgrade!”
If no update is available, you will see Up to date along the Firmware section of the Mate App.
When upgrading Embrace firmware make sure that:
- Embrace is placed on the charger.
- The memory level is at least 30%.
- Embrace is placed next to its paired smartphone.
- The paired smartphone is connected to Internet (via mobile data plan or WiFi).
- The Mate App is open in the foreground.
The update will take up to 5 to 10 minutes.