If Embrace won’t pair with the phone or tablet, please try the following tips:
- Check that Embrace is charged.
- Check that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Check that the phone is connected to the internet (try opening a website to make sure you’re connected).
- Make sure that the phone is running the minimal software required (Android 5.0 or iOS 10).
If all of the above are true, and you’re still unable to pair, please follow the below instructions based on the mobile device platform.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Mate App.
- Enable location services (Settings > Scroll down to Location > tap Location > tap On. (If it's already on, toggle it on and off a few times).
- Forget Embrace from the smartphone’s Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth. Find Embrace on the list of available or paired devices, then tap Forget).
- Open the Mate App and follow the instructions to pair.
- If asked for a pin, enter 123456.
If you still cannot pair Embrace, toggle Bluetooth on and off and repeat the procedure.
You can also clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone and try pairing again. Steps to clear the Bluetooth cache may vary from phone to phone, but some general guidelines can be found here.
Note: Some Android devices may list Bluetooth 4.0, but do not actually support Bluetooth Low Energy. Check with the phone manufacturer if you’re not certain.
- Force stop the Mate App.
- Go to the phone’s Settings > Bluetooth > Tap on the i beside Embrace > Forget this device.
- Toggle Bluetooth on and off a few times.
- Relaunch the Mate App.
- Follow the instructions to pair.
If the above steps do not work, reboot the phone and try again.
If the Embrace watch has been previously paired with a different subject, please make sure you have followed the outlined steps in this article: Ending the Study for a Subject
If the Embrace watch has been previously paired with a different smartphone but with the same subject, please make sure to remove Embrace from the Bluetooth settings of the previous device (phone Settings > Bluetooth > Remove/Forget Embrace device).