If your Embrace is charged, placed close to your smartphone, Bluetooth and Internet connection are on and you still cannot pair your Embrace watch, try the following steps:
1. Make sure you have the latest Alert App
2. Enable location services on your Android phone: go to Settings>Scroll down to Location>tap location> tap On. (If it's already on, swipe the toggle a couple of times to disable and enable the location services. )
3. Forget the Embrace from your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings: go to Settings>Bluetooth and check if Embrace is in the list of the available or paired devices. If yes, tap on it and tap "forget" so that you can start pairing from scratch.
4. Open Alert App. Sign into the Alert App and follow the in-app instructions for pairing.
5. If you're asked to enter a pin during pairing, enter 123456.
Some Android devices may require manual pairing. This video will guide you through this process or you can follow the steps below:
If you still cannot pair Embrace, disable and enable bluetooth and repeat the procedure.
If none of the above steps work, try to clear the Bluetooth cache of your Android phone and try again. Steps to clear the Bluetooth cache may vary from phone to phone, but you can find some guidelines here.
Note: Some Android devices that meet Embrace compatibility requirements might still have compatibility issues. For example, not all devices that list Bluetooth 4.0 in the specifications, actually support Bluetooth Low Energy.
1. Force stop the Alert App.
2. In your smartphone, go to settings > Bluetooth > Tap on the i beside the Embrace > Forget this device.
3. Disable and enable Bluetooth a few times.
4. Relaunch the Alert App.
5. Follow the in-app pairing instructions.
If the above steps do not work, reboot your phone and try again.
If you’ve initially paired/tried pairing your Embrace watch with a different smartphone and you’re now trying to pair it with a new device, please make sure to remove Embrace from the bluetooth settings of the previous phone/tablet.
You need to also check if you are using the same Alert App account you originally used to pair the Embrace watch. If you'd like to use a different Alert App account, please unpair Embrace from the previous account and try again using the account you would like to pair with.