If your Embrace won’t pair with your phone/tablet try the following tips:
- Check that Embrace is charged.
- Check that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Check that your phone is connected to internet (try opening a website to make sure you’re connected).
- Make sure that your phone/device is running the minimal software required (Android 5.0 or iOS 10).
If all of the above are true, and you’re still not able to pair follow the below instructions based on your mobile device platform.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Alert App.
- Enable location services (Settings>Scroll down to Location>tap location> tap On. (If it's already on, toggle it on and off a few times).
- Forget the Embrace from your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings (Settings>Bluetooth. Find Embrace on on the list of available or paired devices, then tap forget).
- Open the Alert App, sign in and follow the instructions to pair.
- If you're asked for a pin, enter 123456.
If you still cannot pair Embrace, toggle Bluetooth on and off and repeat the procedure.
You can also clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone, and try pairing again. Steps to clear the Bluetooth cache may vary from phone to phone, but you can find some guidelines here.
Note: Some Android devices may list Bluetooth 4.0, but do not actually support Bluetooth Low Energy. Check with the phone manufacturer if you’re not certain.
- Force stop the Alert App.
- In your smartphone, go to settings > Bluetooth > Tap on the i beside the Embrace > Forget this device.
- Toggle Bluetooth on and off a few times.
- Relaunch the Alert App.
- Follow the instructions to pair.
If the above steps do not work, reboot your phone and try again.
If you’ve previously paired your Embrace watch with a different smartphone, please make sure to remove Embrace from the Bluetooth settings of the previous device.
If you have 2 Alert App accounts, please unpair Embrace from the previous account and try again using the account you would like to pair with.