Embrace works with the Alert App to send automated calls and SMS to your chosen Caregivers when the watch detects unusual patterns that may be associated with a generalized tonic-clonic seizure.
To set up Embrace with the Alert App you need to:
- Download the Alert App on your smartphone
- Log in with the same credentials as your Empatica Account
- Pair the Embrace watch
- Add and activate Caregivers
For more information please refer to: How Embrace works.
When a possible convulsive seizure is detected, the following will automatically occur:
- Embrace vibrates and shows a spinning red light.
- Embrace prompts the Alert App to prepare to notify caregivers.
- The Alert App starts a 15-second countdown, in case you need to cancel the alert.
- If the alert has not been canceled, the caregivers will now be notified via call and SMS.
- If you'd like to notify your caregivers that you are fine and don't need assistance, you can tap the "I'm OK" button in the Alert App. Your caregivers will then be notified that you are okay.
- After every alert triggered by Embrace, the app will prompt you to confirm whether it was a convulsive seizure. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.