Embrace comes with an app called Mate. Mate tracks your physical activity and provides an in-depth rest analysis.
We've based our rest analysis algorithm off of the following studies:
- Landry et al (2015) Measuring sleep quality in older adults: a comparison using subjective and objective methods
- Aubert-Tulkens et al (1987) Ambulatory Evaluation of Sleep Disturbance and Therapeutic Effects in Sleep Apnea Syndrome by Wrist Activity Monitoring
- Patel et al (2015) Reproducibility of a Standardized Actigraphy Scoring Algorithm for Sleep in a US Hispanic/Latino Population
- R. J. Cole, et al (1992) “Automatic sleep/wake identification from wrist activity"
- Ohayon et al (2004) Meta-Analysis of Quantitative Sleep Parameters From Childhood to Old Age in Healthy Individuals: Developing Normative Sleep Values Across the Human Lifespan
Read more about Mate's analysis of rest here.
If you are interested in knowing more about Mate’s analysis of physical activity instead, you can check out our dedicated article here.