The firmware is the brain of the Embrace, it enables the hardware and software to work together.
Whenever a new firmware version is available for your Embrace watch, you will receive a notification through the Alert App. You can upgrade firmware by tapping on the notification and following the instructions.
You can also upgrade the firmware by going to Alert App>>More>>Embrace Settings>>Embrace Updates
- If new firmware is available, tap Update Now.
- Tap on the firmware version displayed on the next screen.
- In the next pop-up, tap “Yes, upgrade!”
If no update is available, you will see Up to date along the Firmware section of the Alert App.
When upgrading Embrace firmware make sure that:
- Embrace is placed on the charger
- The memory level is at least 30%
- Embrace is placed next to its paired smartphone
- The paired smartphone is connected to Internet (via mobile data plan or WiFi)
- The Alert App is open in the foreground
The upgrade will take up to 5 to 10 minutes
If you are encountering problems while trying to update the firmware, please take a look at this article: firmware update troubleshooting tips.