There are different ways to retrieve the participant credentials to log into the Care App. This is based on the different use cases for which the Empatica Health Monitoring Platform can be used:
enterprise plan No access to Care Portal
Depending on the Organization or Study configuration, research and healthcare professionals may receive the Participant login credentials in advance from Empatica directly via email. Check internally within the Organization to see if the Care App credentials for the participants have already been received.
If upon checking the credentials have not been received, reach out to the Empatica Support Team (email@example.com) to receive a new set of credentials.
professional plan Care Portal access available
Research and healthcare professionals on this plan, on the other hand, always have Care Portal access available. To resolve the problem, follow the steps below to generate new login credentials or to reset the password for an existing participant
enterprise plan Care Portal access available
Research and healthcare professionals on this plan that have access to the Care Portal must have a Management Role assigned to their User Account in order to generate new credentials or reset a Participant’s password. Verify the role assigned to your Care Portal account with your Organization or account manager and check if the operations below are within the Study’s guidelines.
If the Participant ID does not exist, you can generate new login credentials:
- From the Care Portal, click the “Hamburger Menu Icon” on the top-left corner of the screen. A side menu will open and you can click on `PARTICIPANTS` under the Management section.
- Click on `ADD PARTICIPANTS` on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Enterprise Plan Verify your identity by entering your login credentials to the Care Portal, and click on `UNLOCK`.
- There are two options to generate the Participant ID:
- Automatic IDs
The system will automatically generate Participant IDs. These IDs will consist of up to ten numerical digits. Selecting this option will show the below page:
Respond to the questions and the system will generate consecutive Participant IDs. When done, click `ADD PARTICIPANTS` on the bottom-right corner.
- Customized IDs
This option will allow you to manually enter any preferred Participant ID.
Pay attention in excluding any participant’s personal details in this section. Names, nicknames, or initials should not be used to ensure the privacy of the subject wearing EmbracePlus.
If the Participant ID already exists, you may reset the password:
- From the Care Portal, click on `PARTICIPANTS` under the Management section.
- Hover the mouse over the right-hand side of the screen for which the credentials need to be reset. A box will appear with some icons (a lock, a clock, and a flag). Click on the “lock” icon, which allows you to reset the password.
- enterprise plan Verify your identity by entering your login credentials to the Care Portal, and click on `UNLOCK`.
- The next screen will contain the QR code and the written Participant ID and password.
- Click `DOWNLOAD AND CLOSE` in the bottom right corner to save the PNG file.
Note that this is the only time when the credentials are shown and downloadable. Make sure that the credentials are saved before closing the page.
If the issue persists, fill the form at this link to provide all the information needed to the Empatica Support Team. The team will then reach out directly to assist you further.