Where the Care App and Care Portal are mentioned, the articles in the Support Center refer to both the professional Plan (Care Lab App and Care Lab Portal) and the enterprise Plan (Care App and Care Portal), unless indicated otherwise.
The Care App indicates when EmbracePlus is off-wrist by showing the message ‘EmbracePlus not worn’ on the status card of the home screen. The Care App status background will also change to yellow.
After 5 minutes of the device not being detected as on-wrist, the Care App will trigger a notification to avoid data loss. If the participant dismisses the notification, the Care App will not trigger any new notification. However, the app will continue to show ‘EmbracePlus not worn’.
If EmbracePlus is on the wrist but the Care App still shows ‘EmbracePlus not worn’, try the following steps. Note that the problem may get resolved at any point of the procedure. Check the status update, which should switch from yellow to teal:
- Move EmbracePlus around on the wrist. If it moves freely, tighten the band. EmbracePlus should fit snugly on the wrist.
- Make sure EmbracePlus is correctly placed on the wrist, about an index finger distance from the wrist bone.
- Wait ~1 min to check if the status changes to teal with the message ‘Everything is ok’. If it doesn’t, continue with the next steps.
- Place EmbracePlus on the cable charger. You will see the battery percentage and a battery icon appear on the display.
- Close the Care App.
- BYOD Force close the Care App and open it again after ~5 seconds.
- provisioned Reboot the companion device and open the Care App.
- Wait ~1 min to check if the status changes to teal. If it doesn’t, continue with the next steps.
- Remove EmbracePlus from the charger and put it on the wrist following the guidelines in point #2.
- If after 2 minutes the Care App still shows ‘EmbracePlus not worn’, press and hold both the EmbracePlus buttons for ~15 seconds. The EmbracePlus display will turn dark and you can release the buttons. This will trigger a reboot of the EmbracePlus, confirmed with the ‘HI’ message on the display.
- Wait ~1 min to check if the status changes to teal with the message ‘Everything is ok’.
If the issue persists, fill the form by clicking on Submit a request at the bottom of this page or by going to this link. Please provide all the information needed to the Empatica Support Team and we will then reach out directly to assist you further.