Where the Care App and Care Portal are mentioned, the articles in the Support Center refer to both the professional Plan (Care Lab App and Care Lab Portal) and the enterprise Plan (Care App and Care Portal), unless indicated otherwise.
If the EmbracePlus display is stuck on a specific screen (the time does not change), follow the steps below to resolve the issue. Note that the problem may get resolved at any point of the procedure:
- Place EmbracePlus on the cable charger. You will see the battery percentage and a battery icon appear on the display.
- Open the Care App and wait ~1 min to check if the status is teal with the message ‘EmbracePlus is charging’. If the frozen display issue persists, continue with the next steps.
- Close the Care App.
- BYOD Force close the Care App and open it again after ~5 seconds.
- provisioned Reboot the companion device and open the Care App.
- Wait ~1 min to check if the status is teal with the message ‘EmbracePlus is charging’. If the issue persists, continue with the next steps.
- Make sure the companion device is within Bluetooth range and the Bluetooth is ON.
- BYOD android Make sure Location services are ON and allowed for the Care App. (The location services are mandatory by the Operating System to enable Bluetooth scanning. The Care App will not access, share, or store any location information for any of its features.)
- Toggle the Bluetooth OFF for a couple of seconds.
- Toggle the Bluetooth back ON, then go back to the Care App and check the status, which should indicate charging.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top-right corner, then tap on ‘Forget’ under the EmbracePlus section.
- The Care App will go back to the pairing screen. Make sure the EmbracePlus is charging and nearby, then attempt pairing again.
If the issue persists, fill the form by clicking on Submit a request at the bottom of this page or by going to this link. Please provide all the information needed to the Empatica Support Team and we will then reach out directly to assist you further.