Where the Care App and Care Portal are mentioned, the articles in the Support Center refer to both the professional Plan (Care Lab App and Care Lab Portal) and the enterprise Plan (Care App and Care Portal), unless indicated otherwise.
The availability of Care Portal access on enterprise is defined by the study configuration. For further information on your study configuration, talk to your Study team or account manager.
Adding participants to the Care Portal is a prerequisite to generating participant login credentials, which will be used to log into the Care App.
Make sure that you check this step-by-step guide on the setup and use of the Empatica Health Monitoring Platform.
Follow these steps to add participants to your Site and generate the login credentials:
It’s important to note that if the flow is not completed, the action will be canceled. All the below steps should be performed to complete the action.
- Log into the Care Portal.
- Click on the “hamburger menu icon” in the top-left corner of the main screen to open the side navigation menu.
- Click on ‘PARTICIPANTS’ under the ‘MANAGEMENT’ section.
enterprise Select the Site you want to add the participant to.
- Click ‘ADD PARTICIPANTS’ on the top-right of the screen.
enterprise Verify your identity by entering your Care Portal password and then clicking ‘UNLOCK’.
- enterprise Verify your identity by entering your Care Portal password and then clicking ‘UNLOCK’.
- Choose between two different ways of generating Participant IDs:
Automatic IDs - the system will automatically generate numerical Participant IDs. Note that letters and symbols cannot be added to the Participant IDs using this method. The portal will guide you through the next steps:
- Indicate the number of Participant IDs you’d like to create - the system can generate a maximum of 20 participants for professional and 100 participants for enterprise at a time.
- Add the starting Participant ID - the subsequent IDs will then be generated in an ascending numerical sequence from the starting ID.
- Add the number of digits the Participant IDs should have - the IDs can consist of up to ten numerical digits.
- The system will provide a preview of what the Participant IDs will look like.
Customized IDs - manually write the Participant IDs.
- The Participant IDs can have up to ten uppercase alphanumeric characters (A-Z ; 0-1). No spaces or special characters are allowed.
- When writing the Participant IDs, separate each ID with an [enter] or a [space].
- A maximum of 500 participants can be added at a time.
- Automatic IDs - the system will automatically generate numerical Participant IDs. Note that letters and symbols cannot be added to the Participant IDs using this method. The portal will guide you through the next steps:
- Make sure to review the preview of Participant IDs as the IDs cannot be edited nor deleted afterward. Click ‘ADD PARTICIPANTS’ to confirm.
- On the next page, you can view the full Participant IDs with the associated usernames, passwords, and QR codes. Click on ‘DOWNLOAD CREDENTIALS’ to save a .zip archive of the recently created participant credentials.
This is the only time the credentials will be available to view, copy, and download. If you wish to download the credentials, we recommend doing so on a secure computer and storing the files in a secure location.
- Once the downloaded archive is unzipped, the folder will contain the following:
- Participant credentials list (CSV) - contains a list of the Participant IDs, usernames, and passwords.
- Folder with Participants Credentials (PNG) - each .png file in the folder represents one Participant ID. Each file contains the login credentials and QR code, as well as a short ‘Getting started guide’ on how to log in and set up EmbracePlus with the Care App.
- Folder with QR codes (PNG) - each .png file in the folder represents the QR code for one Participant ID, which can be used to log into the Care App.