Where the Care App and Care Portal are mentioned, the articles in the Support Center refer to both the professional Plan (Care Lab App and Care Lab Portal) and the enterprise Plan (Care App and Care Portal), unless indicated otherwise.
Empatica Health Monitoring Platform components
The Empatica Health Monitoring Platform is an FDA-cleared modular remote health monitoring platform that provides a full-stack product suite to healthcare and research professionals. The platform has different components that enable the continuous collection, streaming, and storage of raw physiological data and digital biomarkers:
- EmbracePlus and its cable charger - a medical wearable that combines PPG, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Temperature, and EDA sensors
- Care App on a compatible companion device (Android or iOS) - companion app for EmbracePlus, that enables the secure synchronization of raw data and digital biomarkers from EmbracePlus and their transmission to the Empatica Cloud.
- Empatica Cloud - securely stores data for immediate access or through online visualization on the Care Portal
- Care Portal on an internet browser - a web portal to manage participants and monitor digital biomarkers
How the Empatica Health Monitoring Platform works
- EmbracePlus continuously records physiological parameters which are then sent via Bluetooth to the Care App. When EmbracePlus is disconnected from the paired smartphone, EmbracePlus can store up to 14 days of data in its internal memory, depending on the sensor mode*. The data will then be transferred automatically as soon as EmbracePlus is re-connected to the smartphone.
- The Care App transmits the data to the Empatica Cloud in 30-minute batches via the companion device’s internet connection (WiFi or cellular data). When an internet connection is not available, data will temporarily be stored on the smartphone’s local memory. The data will then be automatically synced to the cloud as soon as an internet connection is established.
- The collected data is processed and stored in the Empatica cloud.
- In the Care Portal, you can manage and monitor your participants, and visualize some of the digital biomarkers.
- The Care Portal also provides you with your Data Access Keys, which are your credentials for accessing and downloading raw sensor and digital biomarker data from the AWS S3 bucket for further analysis.
*A sensor mode is a predefined configuration for EmbracePlus that enables the device to focus on collecting specific parameters that are key to the study.
If you have not subscribed to our solutions yet, we highly encourage you to visit the below pages to understand how the Empatica Health Monitoring Platform can be used in your:
From our website, you will also be able to request a quote and talk to a dedicated team. They will provide more information on which plan suits you best, and how our solutions can support your needs.