The ‘X!’ icon shown on the EmbracePlus display might happen when EmbracePlus is disconnected from the Care App on the paired companion device for a long period of time. When this happens, EmbracePlus is not recording.
To solve this issue, place EmbracePlus within Bluetooth range of the paired companion device and open the Care App to re-establish the connection. Once EmbracePlus connects with the companion device, you will find the EmbracePlus display updated with the current time and a visible Empatica heart icon.
If the issue persists and EmbracePlus doesn’t connect with the companion device, follow the steps below. Note that the problem may get resolved at any point of the procedure. Check the status update, which should switch from red to teal or yellow:
- Place EmbracePlus on the cable charger. You will see the battery percentage and a battery icon appear on the display.
- Open the Care App and wait ~1 min to check if the status changes to teal with the message ‘EmbracePlus is syncing’ or ‘EmbracePlus is charging’ if it is on the cable charger.
- Close the Care App.
- BYOD Force close the Care App and open it again after ~5 seconds.
- provisioned Reboot the companion device and open the Care App.
- Wait ~1 min to check if the status changes to teal. If it doesn’t, continue with the next steps.
- Make sure the companion device is within Bluetooth range and the Bluetooth is ON.
- BYOD android Make sure Location services are ON and allowed for the Care App. (The location services are mandatory by the Operating System to enable Bluetooth scanning. The Care App will not access, share, or store any location information for any of its features.)
- Toggle the Bluetooth OFF for a couple of seconds.
- Toggle the Bluetooth back ON, then go back to the Care App and check the status, which should indicate charging. If it doesn’t, continue with the next steps.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the top-right corner, then tap on ‘Forget’ under the EmbracePlus section.
- The Care App will go back to the pairing screen. Make sure the EmbracePlus is charging and nearby, then attempt pairing again.
If the issue persists, fill the form at this link to provide all the information needed to the Empatica Support Team. The team will then reach out directly to assist you further.