To verify if your PPG sensor is working properly, please proceed with the following steps:
Before you start, please reassure that your E4 is charged and the firmware is up to date. (Firmware management with E3/E4 wrisband and E4 manager) and you have the latest version of E4 Manager. (https://www.empatica.com/empatica-manager-download).
- Remove the E4 from the charging cradle and place it on your wrist. The E4 should look like the picture below:
- Turn it on by pressing the button for 1-2 seconds
- The LED will flash green for around 30s and then will flash red for a short while. This means the E4 is in “Memory mode” and it will start recording data using its sensors.
- At this point, the red and green LED should light up, however, no light should escape from the skin because the device should be pressed firmly against it.
- Try to remain as still as possible for at least 2 minutes because any movements can affect the measurements. These artefacts are acceptable in a normal environment but for testing purposes, we should have the cleanest signals possible.
- When 2 minutes have passed, simply turn off the device by pressing the button for 2- 4 seconds. Please be aware that:
- If pressed for less than 2 secs the E4 will place a tag and a red LED will flash once.
- If pressed for more than 4 seconds the E4 could enter in “Reset Mode”. You will notice this because the LED will turn a solid white.
- With the E4 turned off, connect it to the charger and then to the computer.
- Open the E4 Manager, and simply wait for the device to synchronize.
- Click on View Sessions located on the bottom right of the E4 Manager interface.
- Write down the Session ID of the last session recorded and send it to our support team at email@example.com.