Setting up Empatica Research Portal for your Study is simple. You’ll need to first set up your Organization on the Research Portal, then work your way down to setting up your Studies, Sites, and Subjects.
Setting up your Organization
As a first step, you’ll receive an email from Empatica with an invitation to set up your Organization.
- Click the Join the Team button in the invitation email to get started.
- If you haven’t already, you’ll need to create your Research Portal account.
- Once you log in to the Research Portal with your new credentials, you’ll see the name of your Organization in Pending status.
- Click on the box and accept the invitation.
Setting up Studies and Sites
A research team member with Owner or Manager permissions at the Organization level can create a Study within the Organization. Likewise, a team member with Manager permissions at the Study level can create Sites within the Study. Each Study and Site will have a unique identifier that has a 3 character limit and a name for elaboration (i.e. ID: 000, name: “Test Study”). Please agree with your team on the ID and name that you will use for the Study or Site, as you cannot edit these later.
- To create a study, first log in to the Research Portal with your researcher credentials.
- Go to the Organization Overview Page, and click on “New Study”, and fill in the required fields:
- Study Details - Study Unique Identifier and Study name
- Enabled events - select the type of events that you would like to track (Seizures, Autonomic Arousal, Custom Events, or all). You might notice that some of the event types are locked, which means your portal configuration does not support it.
- One last check - review your Study details and if everything is correct, click “Create Study”.
Setting up a Site has essentially the same process as above. You would only need to go to the Study Overview Page instead, and click on “New Site”.
Inviting Team Members
Your research partners are an email invitation away. You can assign the new member a suitable role based on the permissions they should have.
- Go to the desired level -- Organization, Study, or Site -- where you want to add a team member. Note that team members will have top-down access to the levels.
- Click on “New Invitation”.
- Enter the email address of the team member you would like to invite.
- Select the role: Manager or Viewer
Manager access - viewing permission on the invited level and any subordinate levels (if any), can add or remove team members, can create new studies (if on the Organization level) and sites (if on the Study level), and can manage subjects.
- Viewer access - viewing permission on the invited level and any subordinate levels (if any).
5. Click Send Invitation.
Note: Only the Organization Owner can enable or disable Data Export permissions for team members at any level.