Embrace is a single-user device and cannot be used by multiple people simultaneously. If a subject has completed the study, and you want to enroll a new subject, you will need to disinfect Embrace. The disinfection procedure is explained below:
- Remove the band and spring bars - dispose of them properly following local regulations.
- Clean Embrace with a moistened cloth and a mild soap or detergent. Make sure to rinse the soap off thoroughly.
- Completely submerge the device in isopropyl alcohol or ethanol (70%) for ten minutes.
- Using sterile instruments and gloves, remove the device from the alcohol bath and rinse it under cold water for one minute to remove any residual alcohol.
- Using sterile instruments and gloves, towel dry and polish.
- Inspect for any residual soil and repeat cleaning and disinfection if necessary.
- Replace the band and spring bars with a new set.