If you reside in the US, and have ordered an Embrace2, you will need to upload a valid prescription signed by a doctor or health care practictioner before we can ship the device to you, however you can still order before you upload the prescription.
Embrace2 is an FDA-cleared medical device so it’s necessary that your doctor, who understands your medical history and seizure types, decides whether it's a suitable fit for you.
If you live outside the US, you do not need a prescription and we'll ship the device as soon as it's ready.
In order for a prescription to be considered valid, it must have the issue date, name, address, signature of the healthcare practitioner, and that the National Provider Identifier (NPI) of your healthcare provider is included as well.
To upload the prescription, you will need to create an Empatica Account using the email and personal information of the final user.
After creating your account, you can proceed with uploading your prescription by following these steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the Account section up on the top bar.
- In the Orders section, you’ll see your order number and underneath a message that says “Prescription Required”. Click on this message.
- This will take you to your orders page. Scroll down to “Prescription” and click on “Upload a prescription for your Embrace”.
- Fill in the form with the required information.
- Choose a file directly from your computer or take a picture with your mobile phone.
- Please make sure that the information you’ve entered matches the information on the prescription.
- Click on "submit".
Within 5 business days, you’ll receive an email from us letting you know whether your prescription has been approved. If so, we’ll proceed with the shipment process. You can check your Empatica Account for the status of your shipment. Once Embrace is on its way to you, you'll receive an email with the tracking number.
If your prescription wasn't approved, we'll let you know why, so you can make the necessary changes and upload it again. If you're not able to get a valid prescription, you can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a full refund.
A prescription is not required for the original version of Embrace.