When Embrace detects an unusual event, it vibrates and a red spinning light shows on the watch surface. If it is a false alarm or you wouldn’t like to notify your caregiver about the unusual event, you have 15 seconds to cancel the alarm.
How to cancel an alert?
There are two methods to cancel: via the Alert app or by tapping the Embrace cover with a special pattern.
Via the Alert App
- You’ll receive a notification on your phone that a seizure was detected. Tap on the message to open up the Alert App.
- Once you are in the app, you just have to tap on “I’m ok, Cancel Alert”.
- You should then receive this message letting you know the alert has been cancelled, and the alert will be categorized as a false alarm in the Alerts section of the app.
On the Embrace watch face
- Quickly tap the Embrace surface twice. A blue circle will appear showing that the cancellation attempt has been submitted.
- To confirm the cancellation touch the watch surface again and don’t release the finger until you see a green circle. The cancelled alert will be automatically marked as a false alarm in the Alerts section of your app.
Notify Caregivers that you’re ok
If you weren’t able to cancel the false alarm, you can still let your caregivers know it was only a false alarm, so they needn’t worry.
After the alert has been sent, the following screen will appear in the Alert app for 5 minutes. Tap “Send SMS I’m ok”.
- That’s all it takes. Now your caregivers will receive an SMS that the alert sent was a false alarm.
We are presently working hard to reduce the number of false alarms triggered by the Embrace and marking them as false will help improve our algorithm. To learn more read these articles: