The clinical trial is only for US customers using the original version of Embrace. If you reside outside of the US, you can use the Embrace and the Alert system without participating in a trial.
- You have the original version of Embrace.
- You can read and understand English, or someone can read English for you.
- You are not pregnant and don’t anticipate becoming pregnant in the next 6 months.
- You don't have broken or injured skin near the wrist or ankle where Embrace is worn.
- You have epilepsy. (Non-epileptic adults above 18 years of age are eligible as a control group.)
- You have read and agreed to the consent form in your Empatica Account.
If the Embrace is for a child younger than 18, we'll ask for Parental Consent while completing the agreement.
Participation in the clinical trial is entirely voluntary. If you choose not to participate you can still use the Embrace to track your rest and activity with the Mate App. Please note, however, that seizure detection and alerting capabilities will not be available.