The following step-by-step guide will teach you how to download and install E4 Manager on your Windows PC.
Version compatibility: The E4 Manager for Windows is compatible with Windows the following versions:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
To install the software, be sure that the device is not plugged into your computer. Plug the device in after the E4 Manager software has been installed successfully.
REMINDER You can download the E4 Manager on any PC or tablet that conforms to Microsoft’s .NET4 system requirements. The E4 Manager can be installed on Windows tablets but we highly recommend using a system that has at least one dedicated USB type A port to facilitate easy connectivity to the E4’s charging dock.
- Download the E4 Manager
- Once the download has completed, locate the exe file with the Explorer window, then double click the exe file to start the installer.
Click YES to continue (If you're using NOD32, please see the note at the bottom of this page).
- When the Setup program has started click on NEXT
- Choose the destination folder for the E4 Manager. Leave it unchanged if you want to use the default destination folder. Click INSTALL when you have finished.
- The installation process starts.
- Empatica devices require USB drivers from Bluegiga Technologies. When prompted to install “device software” click INSTALL to proceed with the installation of the driver.
- When prompted, allow the creation of a COM port that will be used by the application to communicate with the device by clicking INSTALL again.
- At the end of a successful installation process the following message is displayed.
- Make sure the E4 is disconnected from the USB port, then press “finish” and launch E4 Manager.
REMINDER Before entering your credentials the E4 should be connected to complete driver installation.
- After installation, login to E4 Manager. If the E4’s LED is not flashing green, remove and reconnect the E4 to the USB port and it will become discoverable.
TIP If you are running Eset NOD32 Antivirus and I can't run E4 Manager, follow the suggestions in the article E4 Manager Installation Windows troubleshooting.
- Login with your Empatica Connect credentials in the E4 Manager.