The following step-by-step guide explains how you can download the data on a Mac OS X computer.
- Download the recorded data by opening the Empatica Manager on your computer and plugging the E4 device into the USB port using the charging dock and a USB cable.
- Power OFF the E4
When the device is in any powered on state a 2-sec button press will power it off.
REMINDER: To transfer data start with your Empatica device disconnected from the USB port and powered off.
- Launch the Empatica Manager and login
Open the Empatica Manager.
Every time you launch the Empatica Manager login using your Empatica Connect credentials.
- Connect your device and transfer the data
After a successful login, the application will wait for an Empatica device USB connection.
Plug the Empatica Device to a USB port. Once connected Empatica Manager starts downloading sessions data from the device to your Mac.
- After downloading a session from the device, the Empatica Manager begins to upload data to Empatica Connect automatically.
- The process is completed when all the sessions are downloaded from the device and uploaded to Empatica Connect.
Clicking on the Close button will close the window and while keeping Empatica Manager running in the background.
Clicking on the X button in the top-right corner of the window will quit Empatica Manager.
TIP: If your connection is interrupted during an upload your sessions will remain on your local disk and can be recovered. For more information review our article on How to recover missing sessions.