Running the E4 in streaming mode allows you to monitor physiological data from the device in real time over a Bluetooth® Low Energy connection.
Once installed, connect the E4 wristband with a mobile device using Empatica Realtime app to:
- View sensor data in Realtime.
- Easily zoom and pan to check your signals.
- Automatically upload data to your Empatica Connect account after a session ends.
Signal Streaming with the E4 wristband
- Prepare your phone make sure Bluetooth® is enabled on your compatible device.
- Launch Realtime App open the App on your mobile device and login using your Empatica Connect credentials.
- Power ON the E4 - when the device is powered off a 2-sec button press will power it on. The LED indicator will flash black and green.
- Start streaming click “Start a new session” and select your E4 from the list. The E4’s indicator light blinks blue before fading. In a few second the real-time streaming starts.
- Tag an event event Marking with the E4 allows real-time annotation of a session
TIP for more information on the event markers check: Event Marking with the E4. Tap the button (<1sec) while streaming to tag an event.
REMINDER Be careful to click and release quickly when entering a tag to avoid powering down and resetting the device.
- End session press the X button on the home screen. The E4 powers off and the session uploads automatically to Empatica secure cloud storage. The E4 will also power off if the Bluetooth® connection is lost. e.g. is out-of-range.
REMINDER when your device goes out of range while in streaming mode, it will stop recording data.