The following step-by-step guide will teach you how to download and install E4 manager on your Mac OSX.
Version compatibility: The E4 manager for OSX is compatible with Mac OSX starting from version 10.9.
REMINDER to install the software, the device is not required, so for your convenience keep it unplugged from your computer.
- Download the E4 Manager
- Once the download has completed, locate the installer file (i.e. EmpaticaManager-1.x.x.zip) and open it.
TIP If you can not find the file in your downloads directory you can use a Spotlight search (⌘+spacebar) for "EmpaticaManager".
- Click on the file and a Finder window containing the EmpaticaManager installer application will open (highlighting a file named InstallEmpaticaManager.pkg)
TIP If the Finder window does not open please launch a new Finder window and locate the InstallEmpaticaManager.pkg file.
- Double click the installer and follow the instructions. Click Continue after the welcome screen.
- Continue to the Software License Agreement and click on Continue.
- Accept the Licence Agreement by clicking on Agree.
- Select a destination folder for the installation and click on Continue.
- You will be prompted to select the Installation Type. In this screen you can also change the location of the installation if you wish. Click Install to finish the process.
- To finalize the installation of the software you will be asked to enter your Mac OS X credentials
- If the installation was successful you will see following message.
TIP If OSX prevents the installer from running you may need authorize the installation under your security settings suggestions. For more information please review the E4 manager Installation Mac OS X troubleshooting guide in the Empatica support portal.
- Login to E4 manager with your E4 connect credentials
TIP Review section 2 of this guide "Create your E4 connect Account" if you have not yet registered your E4 connect account).