The complete E4 Specifications can be reviewed in our E4 wristband user's manual document.
The E4 has four sensors:
1 2 3 4
- Photoplethysmography sensor (proprietary design)
- Electrodermal activity sensor (proprietary design)
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Optical thermometer*
These sensors are used to produce the following data, available in CSV format though the E4 connect dashboard and in real-time via Empatica's mobile APIs:
- Blood volume pulse,@64Hz
- Inter beat interval: time, IBI(time) pair
- Electrodermal activity @4 Hz
- XYZ raw acceleration @32Hz
- Skin temperature @4Hz*
E4 is protected against insertion of fingers and will not be damaged or become unsafe if exposed to vertically or nearly vertically dripping water. (IP Code 22)
* Skin temperature is not representative of the core body temperature and should not be used for clinical decision making.
If you haven't found the answer to your question, click the button below and complete the typeform. We will receive all the information needed to assist you further.