If there is a problem with the payment of your subscription plan, we will notify you via email.
In case of a failed payment your subscription service will not be interrupted immediately. We will make 3 attempts to bill your card. At each attempt we’ll send you an email notification:
- The first attempt will occur one day after the failed attempt
- The second attempt will be made 3 days later, and our last attempt will be made 3 days after that
- This amounts to a total of a 7 day grace period to update your billing details - this means your subscription will not be cancelled for these 7 days while we’re attempting to bill your card.
There a few reasons why your regular subscription payment might have failed. Most common reasons are:
- Expired or cancelled Credit Card - if this is the case, please contact your Credit Card issuer to request a new card and update your billing details in your Empatica Account to ensure uninterrupted service
- Insufficient funds on your Credit Card - please restore the funds on your Card before our last attempt to take the payment
If the payment doesn’t go through after 3 attempts, the service plan will be interrupted (alerts will not be sent to Caregivers) until we have received payment.
You can update your billing information directly from your Empatica Account:
- Go to “Your Subscription” page and click “Update my billing details”
- Enter your address and payment info and confirm by clicking “Update my billing details”