Sleep is an integral part of our overall health, and a lack of sleep has been shown to increase seizures. For this reason, it's vital to have a reliable sleep monitoring system.
We've based our rest analysis algorithm off of the following studies:
- Landry et al (2015) Measuring sleep quality in older adults: a comparison using subjective and objective methods
- Aubert-Tulkens et al (1987) Ambulatory Evaluation of Sleep Disturbance and Therapeutic Effects in Sleep Apnea Syndrome by Wrist Activity Monitoring
- Patel et al (2015) Reproducibility of a Standardized Actigraphy Scoring Algorithm for Sleep in a US Hispanic/Latino Population
- R. J. Cole, et al (1992) “Automatic sleep/wake identification from wrist activity"
- Ohayon et al (2004) Meta-Analysis of Quantitative Sleep Parameters From Childhood to Old Age in Healthy Individuals: Developing Normative Sleep Values Across the Human Lifespan
For more information about the Mate App please see: What is the Mate App?