If your Embrace doesn’t satisfy your needs, you have 30 calendar days from the delivery date to request a refund.
1. Request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Your Embrace(s) return requires an authorization from the Empatica Team.
Timing: Your RMA request will be processed within 5 business days.
You can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your current shipping address to request for an RMA. For faster processing time, use the same email address associated with your order.
Once your request is processed, you’ll receive an RMA document (PDF) summarizing the details of your case. Please read it carefully and verify if your information is correct.
2. Ship your Embrace back to Empatica
In some cases Empatica will provide a pre-paid shipping label to facilitate the return delivery. If you are returning your device for a refund, the charge for both shipping and return shipping will be deducted from the total amount of your refund. If you are returning your device for services covered under warranty, you will not have to bear any shipping costs.
Timing: Ship the device back within 5 business days of receiving the RMA document.
- Place the device in its original box and include all the accessories.
- Print, sign and include a copy of the RMA document in the package.
- Pack the Embrace box securely in a padded shipping envelope. (Note: Please do not use the same envelope that the Embrace arrived in. Multiple shipping labels may cause transit or delivery issues. You can use another padded envelope instead.)
- Attach the shipping label (if provided) included in the RMA document to the package
- Drop the package off at the nearest post office or the nearest collection box, or arrange a pickup with the courier.
N.B. Empatica does not assume any risk of loss or damage to the device(s) while in transit for return.
N.B. Empatica will not be responsible for any customs/VAT/duty charges upon return of devices.
3. Inspection of Returned Embrace
In case of a return for refund, before issuing the refund we need to be sure your Embrace is functioning well and is not damaged (this includes also the band and the charger). In case of return for service, this step will identify the cause of the issues that you are experiencing and will help decide if we can repair your Embrace or if a replacement is required.
Timing: Once your Embrace(s) arrives at Empatica, our team will inspect the device within 10 business days of receipt.
Some examples of failed inspections
- The Embrace has clear signs of physical damage
- Part(s) of the Embrace is missing
- The device was opened/ attempted to be opened
- Damaged Band/Charger/USB cable
4.a Receiving your refund
If your Embrace passes our inspection, we’ll proceed with a refund and send you an email you as and when the refund is issued. The refund will not include original shipping fees. If you were provided with a pre-paid shipping label, this amount will also be deducted from the total value of your refund.
Timing: The time frame for the issual of the refund is 10-14 business days.
Please note: Empatica reserves the right to change these policies or procedures at any time without notice.
4.b Receiving your refurbished/replacement Embrace
Depending on the nature and complexity of the given issue, we will either ship back a refurbished Embrace or send you a replacement.
Timing: Your returned Embrace will be inspected within 10 business days of receipt. We will then ship back your device (or a replacement) within 10 days after inspection.