If your Embrace is charged, it is placed close to your smartphone, Bluetooth and Internet connection are on and you still cannot pair your Embrace watch, try the following steps:
- Make sure you have the latest Alert App
- Enable location services on your Android phone: go to Settings>>Scroll down to "Location">>Tap location>> tap “On”. (If it's already on, swipe the toggle a couple of times to disable and enable the location services. )
- Forget the Embrace from your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings, go to Settings>>Bluetooth and check if Embrace is in the list of the available or paired devices. If yes, tap on it and tap "forget" so that you can start pairing from scratch.
- Open Alert app. Sign into the Alert app and follow the in-app instructions for pairing.
- If you're asked to enter a pin during pairing, enter 123456.
If you still cannot pair Embrace, disable and enable Bluetooth a few times and try again.
If all of the above steps do not work, try to clear the Bluetooth cache of your Android phone and try again. Steps to clear the Bluetooth cache may vary from phone to phone, but you can find some guidelines here.
Note: some Android devices that meet Embrace compatibility requirements might still have compatibility issues. For example, not all devices that list Bluetooth 4.0 in the specifications, actually support Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Disable and enable Bluetooth a few times
- In your smartphone, go to settings >> Bluetooth >> Tap on the (i) beside the Embrace >> ‘Forget this device’
- Force the Alert app to stop (read how), then relaunch it again
- Power off and on the smartphone/tablet, open the Alert app and try again
If you’ve initially paired/ tried pairing your Embrace watch with a different smartphone and you’re now trying to pair it with a new device, please make sure to remove Embrace from the Bluetooth settings of the previous phone/tablet.
You need to also check if you are using the same Alert app account you originally used to pair the Embrace watch. If you'd like to use a different Alert app account, please unpair Embrace from the previous account and try again using the account you would like to pair with.